About mentoring with Jenny Wilkins
I welcome new mentees and the opportunity to help you achieve success in your career.
Experience, skills and knowledge
My proven track record as an independent corporate consultant and executive leader gives me the experience, skills and knowledge required to mentor people at all stages of their career path and from multiple industries. When you work with me as your mentor, your career goals become achievable and your direction becomes clear.
I have gained a wealth of corporate knowledge and experience from a lifetime in senior leadership. I also have broad industrial knowledge from being exposed to multiple industries as a mentor. These industries include health care; information technology, media and telecommunications; finance and insurance services; logistics; food services; government and non-government organisations (NGOs).
I bring to mentoring
1. Skills, knowledge and experience gained as an independent consultant for three decades. As an independent consultant, I consistently delivered results for hospitals and health services. I worked with executive directors to improve the quality of care for patients. I transformed patient care by addressing risk to patients, implemented changes to work practices and addressing patient risk.
2. Community development skills, knowledge and experience. I was responsible for pioneering new services that addressed access and equity. I successfully founded a number of services that remain today. I was also successful in changing government policy that resulted in lasting improvements.
3. Business skills in finding niche markers and creating business opportunities. My primary career as an independent consultant to the health sector and my secondary career as a prize-winning horse breeder and trainer are examples.
4. Extensive governance experience as a Board and committee member. Appointments include
- Not For Profits (NFP)
- regional health service Board
- Victorian government tribunal
- Victorian government review panel
- hospital community advisory committee
- Many strategic committees in hospitals and health services.
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD),
- Arts degree (USA)
- Diploma in Writing and Editing, RMIT
- Graduate Diploma, Research and Evaluation Methods, RMIT
- Graduate Diploma, Recreation Management, RMIT.
6. My commitment to support others to find the right career, develop their potential and maximise their opportunities.
See more about me on Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/in/jenny-wilkins-mentoring